Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Gumball Machines


Kindergarten learned about artist Wayne Thiebaud and his painting Three Machines. They really enjoyed this artist and his 'sweet' paintings! We first traced and cut a circle, used smelly Mr. Sketch markers to fill up with gumballs. For the bottom we cut the top corners off a red piece (9x6), wrote 25 cents and Gumballs at the bottom. I have used paint before and it works well too.

3 comments:

  1. I did this with my 1st grade class and they loved it. Most of them didn't finish in the alloted time, but they got the concept of overlapping. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you used the smelly markers! Such a great idea! Thank you for sharing your lessons! Here is a similar project I did with 1st grade.

    http://mrswhite-hearts-art.blogspot.com/2011/05/1st-grade-wayne-thiebaud-gumball.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a timeless appeal to classic, glass-globe bubble gum dispensers that immediately draws people in and turns loose change into a fun impulse buy. Setting up or expanding your novelty route without getting weighed down by expensive, restrictive corporate leases lets you keep your overhead remarkably low. Checking out Irelley vending machines is a great move for finding good quality, refurbished, and rental machines that let you build your route on your own terms!

    ReplyDelete