Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 17, 2011

Wolf Kahn Tree Resist


I saw the Wolf Kahn idea from another blog, I don't have my plans at home but will credit you as soon as I get there! I changed a bit and did a resist with the oil pastels and watercolors. Day 1 we looked at art by Wolf Kahn, discussed a resist, blending and analogous color schemes. Day 2 the students choose 3 analogous colors from the wheel and we used a wet-on-wet watercolor technique to get blending results. These are two student examples and they turned out pretty good. Any oil pastel color could have been used, just making sure it wasn't part of their analogous color scheme.
which I notice is way different than they way I did it. That's why I love the art blogs because we each see an idea and make it in our own way!

3 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to teach a Wolf Kahn lesson now for awhile. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! I don't know what I did before I had all the blogs to get new ideas from!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your activities and teached some to my arts class. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete