Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 17, 2012

Seascapes- 4th Grade









In our fourth grade curriculum we are supposed to create a seascape. My notes from last years project said 'try something new!'...I guess it was what the kids would call an 'Epic Fail!' So I developed a multi-media project covering everything under the sun: line, warm/cool, texture and a little 3-D. The top photo is how it started and the final of the sailboat popping out. The kids have really gotten excited about this project and are totally into it! We started with line designs in the waves, a warm sunset or sunrise out of tissue paper, foil frame for texture and a boat from construction paper that pops out. I cut a slit in the water and stuck the boat in so it really looks like it's in the water. So I hope this is a keeper!





3 comments:

  1. These are fabulous. I love all of the movement created within the entire artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and fab incorporation of art elements! I would love to try with my grade 1 and 2 class. Do you have some tips for teaching the different elements, e.g. Lines in the waves, painting, etc. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete